The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is due to come into force on 25 May 2018. The new legislation impacts all aspects of charity business from marketing to fundraising, from HR to IT and all organisations need to take steps to prepare.
- give an overview of the new concepts and approaches in the GDPR
- outline the legal bases for processing personal data and the conditions for getting consent from individuals
- discuss what must be included in privacy notices and when they must be issued
- review the rights of individuals under the GDPR, including changes to data subject to access requests
- discuss the new obligations on data processors and the requirements for third-party contracts
For further information on GDPR, view Carla's latest briefing on Calculating the cost of data protection breaches for charities.
Tuesday 15 August 2017 - Resource for London, 356 Holloway Road, London, N7 6PA