Arnold is a Partner in the Commercial Property Group, advising clients on all aspects of property acquisitions and disposals, portfolio work, property investment, residential development, business tenancies, and property management.
His clients are from a wide range of industry sectors including banking, investors and developers.
Arnold has experience advising overseas clients on all aspects relating to the acquisition of commercial investment property in the UK including advising as to the status of corporate entities, negotiating opinion letters, and advising on lending requirements and associated issues.
Examples of Arnold's recent notable work include:
- Leading the team acting for a private overseas investor in the acquisition of a prime Mayfair asset, Stratton House, for £166 million, exchanging within seven working days of instruction;
- Leading the team advising on the purchase in a deal worth £41.5 million for the acquisition of the iconic Liberty store in London's West End, with Liberty taking a leaseback from the buyer, exchanging within seven working days of instruction.
- Ongoing property management and development issues for the respective landlords of the Plaza; Oxford Street; Barkers of Kensington and Cinnamon Plantation Wharf. This includes new leases, surrenders, renewals and redevelopment.
- Acting for an overseas investor on the sale of an investment property in Baker Street, London for £6.5 million.
- Advising on auction acquisitions including the acquisition of a shopping centre subject to 26 leases and subsequent management work.
- Acting for the Cubemaker Partnership (the property investment arm of the BP Pension Fund and Cube Real Estate), in the acquisition of an unbroken mixed use parade for a purchase price of £6.21 million. The property consisted of 14 retail units, two floors of offices, 11 residential units, garages and a car park.
- Advising on the acquisition of Mannings Heath Retail Park, Poole.
- Ongoing property advice to Pret A Manger -a long standing client of the Firm whom we have been advising in excess of 15 years.
- Advising on various sales of very high value well known residential properties in prime London locations.
He is recommended in Legal 500 (2012) which describes him as "very knowledgable".
Arnold is a member of the British Council of Shopping Centres and the Commercial Real Estate Legal Association and has presented seminars to estate agents and to the Association of Residential Letting Agents.
He is a long standing member of the Wandsworth Chamber of Commerce, of which he is secretary, and has continued involvement with the Polka Theatre (Wimbledon), a registered charity, of which he was previously a trustee.
Arnold studied at the University of Wales and completed his legal studies in Nottingham. He joined Russell-Cooke as a partner in 2000.
- business leases
- commercial property
- property finance
- property investment
search our people
Please enter your keyword(s) in the box below to search for specific members of staff.