Rachael is a Senior Associate solicitor in the Commercial Property Group, advising clients on a wide range of property transactions including landlord and tenant matters and acquisitions and disposals of properties, acting for both private and institutional clients.
Rachael has a particular interest in retail, advising both landlords and national retail clients and also has expertise in dealing with mixed properties and corporate support.
Rachael's clients include overseas investors in high value commercial and residential property, dealing with management and leasehold issues, liaising between lenders, managing agents and occupational tenants. She is recommended in Legal 500 (2012).
Examples of Rachael's current or recent work are:
- Acting for three national retailers, including Sports Direct International Plc, in taking new lettings and pre-lets (including in Westfield Stratford City).
- Acting for a London borough SPV on the acquisition of a mixed leasehold / freehold shopping centre and subsequently advising in relation to on-going letting, management and landlord and tenant matters in light of the long term aim of a town centre regeneration scheme.
- Acting for both borrowers and lenders on refinancing, including on a portfolio of properties containing over 50 subsidiary interests with a value of over £20m.
- Acting for the landlord of the Plaza (Oxford Street) and the Barkers Centre (Kensington) in relation to ongoing property management with redevelopment plans.
- Assisting on the sale of an investment portfolio of 31 properties for £84 million to a Plc.
- Acting for overseas investors in high value residential acquisitions, including companies incorporated in Delaware.
- Assisting a partner advising an overseas purchaser in a £41.5 million acquisition of the iconic Liberty store in London's West End. Liberty PLC took a leaseback from the buyer and contracts were exchanged within a one week deadline.
- Acting in teams advising on high value and large portfolio acquisitions by investor clients, including advising an overseas purchaser of a prime Mayfair asset for £166 million, exchanging within 7 working days of instruction.
- Acting on the acquisition of a group of property investment companies which own 99 Kensington High Street, home of the Kensington Roof Gardens.
Rachael is a member of the British Council of Shopping Centres and the Commercial Real Estate Legal Association (CRELA).
Rachael studied at the University of St Andrews and subsequently completed her legal studies in Bristol and York. She joined Russell-Cooke in 2007.
- business leases
- commercial property
- property finance
- property investment
search our people
Please enter your keyword(s) in the box below to search for specific members of staff.