Jeremy Sivyer is an experienced corporate and commercial lawyer with a strong emphasis on international work and large scale, complex contracts covering a broad spectrum. His experience has covered the sale and purchase of businesses and of companies and the creation and the winding up of joint ventures, the establishment of new businesses and related work, large scale commercial contracts including supply contracts, distribution contracts, agency agreements and outsourcing agreements. He also has extensive projects and PFI and banking and Islamic banking experience and has worked on several large international arbitrations.
Jeremy's recent experience includes the following substantial assignments:
- Acting for the vendors of a large Greek pharmaceutical company, Specifar S.A., upon its sale to Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc. This was the second largest corporate transaction in Greece in 2011.
- Acting for large multinational beverages company in relation to, among other things, the supply agreements which underpinned its large business acquisitions in the UK, the buy-back of the UK rights to one of its major international brands, and the outsourcing of its logistics requirements in the UK.
- Acting for a large Scandinavian fine chemicals company in relation to two very high value agreements for the supply of extra high quality silicon for use in solar panels.
- Advising several clients in relation to acquisitions and the establishment of joint ventures in India especially in the fast moving consumer goods and employment agencies sectors.
- Acting for a large foreign construction company in major arbitration proceedings in the Middle East.
Jeremy's experience covers a large range of clients from the smallest of SMEs through to some very large international companies and spans a variety of sectors. Those sectors include brewing, chemicals, coal, engineering, heavy industry, logistics, pharmaceuticals, retail and consumer and financial services.
The geographical focus of the international dimension to Jeremy's work is primarily upon Southern Europe, the Middle East, South Asia and Africa, both in assisting clients working with or investing in the relevant jurisdictions in conjunction with local lawyers or assisting clients from outside the UK conduct business in and invest in the UK. He was the co-head of the Indian group in his previous firm and is the Honorary Legal Adviser to the Business Council for Africa (Western and Southern).
Jeremy qualified in 1979, having studied law at The University of Sheffield between 1974 and 1976. Before joining Russell-Cooke he spent 35 years working for the City firm, Simmons and Simmons, starting as an Articled Clerk and spending some 28 years of his time there as a partner. Jeremy is also a member of the Commercial Law Committee of the City of London Law Society.
- buying and selling businesses or companies
- commercial contracts and terms & conditions
- e-commerce & it
- insolvency - corporate non contentious
- intellectual property
- shareholder, partnership & joint venture agreements
- start-up and growing businesses
- technology and web start-ups
search our people
Please enter your keyword(s) in the box below to search for specific members of staff.