Angela is a Partner in the Commercial Property Group, advising a wide range of clients on all aspects of commercial property. She is recommended for commercial property in Legal 500 (2012) and 'Legal Experts 2012'.
Angela has particular expertise in retail, advising both investors and national retail clients and is a member of the British Council of Shopping Centres.
Angela also has expertise in areas such as mixed use properties, development, planning, construction, telecommunications, property finance and corporate support. Angela offers specialist advice on issues of insolvency and commercial property including company voluntary arrangements (CVAs), LPA receiverships and administrations. In addition, she has experience of advising on topical issues such as 'green' leases with environmentally-friendly clauses.
Examples of Angela's recent work are:
- Acting for a private overseas investor in the acquisition of a prime Mayfair asset, Stratton House, for £166 million, exchanging within seven working days of instruction.
- Advising Mike Ashley (the current owner of Newcastle United FC) on the sale of a portfolio of 32 shops for just under £84m in the Sports Direct International Plc group.
- Advising various private investors (including an offshore investor) following their tenants becoming insolvent to ensure that their losses were minimised.
- Preparing a new modern standard form lease for a large and varied office estate which fairly balanced the client's interests with potential tenants' interests and took into account acceptable common tenant amendments and the Code of Leasing Business Premises.
- Acting for Sportsdirect.com Retail Limited on numerous acquisitions including high profile developments such as the St David's 2 Cardiff development and Westfield White City. Following the recent retail administrations, Angela has also advised the client on many short term lettings securing advantageous terms and facilitating occupation at short notice.
- Providing advice on the sale of a large block of residential flats in Fulham for redevelopment for student and graduate flats. This involved dealing with various ongoing management issues and resolving a defect in the access rights.
Angela has written articles on topics such as the commercial property implications of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and how landlords can protect their interests. She has commented on property issues such as on opportunities for SMEs in CityAM.
She is a RICS affiliate and a member of the Commercial Real Estate Legal Association (CRELA).
Angela has a law degree from Sheffield University. After qualifying in 1999 at Eversheds she worked at a City law firm CMS Cameron McKenna and joined Russell-Cooke in 2004.
- business leases
- commercial property
- insolvency - property sector
- property finance
- property investment
search our people
Please enter your keyword(s) in the box below to search for specific members of staff.