Matt is a Partner in the Commercial Property Group, advising clients on a range of property transactions including landlord and tenant matters, residential development, property acquisitions and disposals, property management, auction purchases and security work. Matt has presented seminars to clients and intermediaries on a number of topics including the Housing Act 2004 and how best to prepare for a transaction to ensure that it proceeds smoothly to exchange.
Examples of Matt's current or recent work are:
- Acting for a private overseas investor in the acquisition of a prime Mayfair asset, Stratton House, for £166 million, exchanging within 7 working days of instruction.
- Acting for the Cubemaker Partnership, (formed by Ropemaker Properties Limited, the property investment arm of the BP Pension Fund and Cube Real Estate), in the acquisition of an unbroken mixed use parade for a purchase price of £6.21 million. The property consisted of 14 retail units, two floors of offices, 11 residential units, garages and a car park.
- Acting for the landlord of the Plaza (Oxford Street) and the Barkers Centre (Kensington) in relation to ongoing property management.
- Advising a major retail client on new lettings and pre-lets.
- Acting on the acquisition of a golf club and country park from the local authority.
- Advising Cube Real Estate on a number of developments (some mixed-use) regarding new lettings, surrenders, renewals and redevelopment.
- Representing Indigo Development Limited, a residential developer, on the acquisition of sites for development and the subsequent disposals.
- Advising HSBC Private Bank in relation to property-backed loans.
Matt is a member of the British Council of Shopping Centres and the Commercial Real Estate Legal Association (CRELA).
Matt studied law at Keele University before completing his legal studies in London. Matt joined Russell-Cooke in 2005.
search our people
Please enter your keyword(s) in the box below to search for specific members of staff.