Arshoo is a partner in the private client group.
Her expertise in wills, probate and trust law was recognised by Thompson Reuters in its 2013 and 2014 'Super Lawyer UK' publication. The selection process for the rating service includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. The equivalent listing in the United States has been published for more than two decades; 2013 saw the first publication in the UK.
Arshoo's background as a property lawyer stands her in good stead in providing innovative solutions when advising on ways of providing a home for children or dealing with trust related co-ownership issues when a relationship breaks down.
Arshoo has had a number of articles published in respected journals including tax advice when setting up personal injury trusts on 'The battle of Hastings-Bass' (Solicitors Journal, June 2010) and 'Trusts in Family Breakdown: Alternative Solutions' (Family Law Journal, October 2009) and the Corporate Alliance Network.
She has also spoken on domicile issues in seminars run by ILPA.
She joined Russell-Cooke in May 2012 from a central London international law firm.
- Estate planning for both UK and internationally based private clients
- Devolution of estates by the use of lifetime trusts and tax-efficient wills (including wills for the disabled, surrogacy and to comply with Islamic Law)
- Tax and trust issues arising out of divorce or a relationship break down
- The creation and administration of trusts (including personal injury trusts)
- Disputes in connection with wills and trusts
- Administration of estates involving business property, domicile and cross-border issues and the use of deeds of variation
- Administration of 'contentious' estates where Russell-Cooke Trust Company or a professional administrator is independently appointed by the Court or with the consent of the beneficiaries;
- Elderly client law including preserving assets and funding for long term care
- Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection work (including statutory wills both contested and non-contested)
Arshoo's recent work include:
- advising clients on UK/US estate planning issues in preparation of UK wills
- advising Russell-Cooke Trust Company, as the court appointed administrator, in connection with a UK estate involving a dispute between the beneficiaries as to the value of the property in the estate. The case involved tracing assets of the deceased, complex family dynamics and the need to apply to the court to approve the distribution of the estate
- the establishment of a unique tax and trust structure in connection with Schedule 1 Children Act 1989 for high-net-worth and high profile family clients
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Member of The Law Society's Private Client section
- Member of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE)
- Member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPs)
- Listed in the Thomson Reuters 'London Super Lawyers' list 2015