Christopher has an interest in cross-border matters and has particularly good experience of obtaining UK Grants of Probate for deceased individuals who died domiciled outside the UK. In addition, Christopher advises on property ownership structures for non-doms and general cross-border estate planning.
Christopher qualified as a solicitor in September 2009 and joined Russell-Cooke in September 2013.
- Co-ordinated estate administration of an individual who died domiciled in England & Wales with assets in Jersey and South Africa
- Assisted Dutch adviser in obtaining UK Grant of Probate for clients
- Advised on estate planning for senior chief executive with international assets
- Advised clients on liability to Non-Resident Capital Gains Tax
- Advised sovereign fund on liability to Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED)
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Completed STEP Advanced Certificate in International Succession and Probate
- Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Barbers
- Read Classics at Keble College, Oxford
- Qualified in 2009 with an international law firm into their International Wealth Planning department and worked in both their Geneva and London offices
- Spent ten months working in the Trust department of Carey Olsen in Guernsey
- Speaks Dutch fluently