Fiona is a partner and head of the family team in Putney.
She has extensive experience in all aspects of family law. Fiona frequently handles cases with an international element and which often involve high value financial settlements in divorce, disputed arrangements with children (including re-location to other countries) pre and post-nuptial agreements and co-habitation and property disputes.
As an accredited mediator, collaborative practitioner and a family law (both for finance and children) arbitrator, she is a leader in the field of family dispute resolution.
Fiona sits part-time as a District Judge in the family and civil courts and has been elected to hear private children disputes between parents. This valuable insight and unique perspective into the workings of the courts directly benefits her family practice.
Legal directory Chambers UK (2016), notes that Fiona is someone who “stands out as a multifaceted family practitioner with a variety of skills and is extremely well regarded”.
Fiona is personable and keen to resolve issues as quickly as possible. Her aim is to guide her clients, through what is often a complex process, using a method that suits the case in order to obtain the best outcome.
- Citywealth Leaders List 2017 describes her as “formidable both as a litigator and a negotiator”. Identified as a "prominent figure" and a "power woman" in the Citywealth Leaders List (2015)
- International Committee member of Resolution, a specialist organisation for families and lawyers committed to dealing with family cases in a constructive and conciliatory manner
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Founding member of the Institute of Family Law Arbitrators, an organisation which was responsible for all family arbitrations in the country
- Accredited mediator, collaborative practitioner and a family law arbitrator
- Part-time District Judge in the family and civil courts
- Praised by The Legal 500 (2016) for “getting the job done quickly and cost-effectively” and being “wonderfully supportive, caring and knowledgeable”
- The Legal 500 (2015), comments that “Fiona Read ensures that everyone immediately trusts her and is calmed by her presence’”, and that she can “achieve excellent outcomes”
- Listed in Thomas Reuters London Super Lawyers List of (2015)
- Contributor to the publication, ‘International aspects of Family Law’ which is produced online for Resolution