We deliver expert advice on the complete range of planning issues.
Our planning lawyers are deliberately part of our real estate team, as we recognise that often planning is not a discrete area but part of a wider commercial transaction.
We work closely with clients and their advisers, often from an early stage, so that planning proposals can be drawn up in a way most likely to achieve success. Our breadth of experience matches larger City firms and gives our clients an excellent yet extremely cost effective service.
We can help with:
- strategic planning advice
- compulsory purchase (promoting or objecting and negotiating compensation claims)
- planning applications, inquiries and appeals
- energy projects
- s.106 agreements
- promotion agreements
- advice on implications of proposed neighbour plans for development proposals
- Community Infrastructure Levy issues
- environmental impact assessment and appropriate assessments (Habitat Regulations)
- judicial review and statutory challenges
- enforcement issues - criminal and civil proceeding including appeals
- highways agreements (s.38 and s.278 agreements)
- listed building and conservation area advice
- certificate of lawful development applications
- tree preservation orders
- modification and release of planning conditions
- planning aspects of due diligence on site acquisitions
- permitted development rights and prior approval applications (General Permitted Development Order 1995 applications)
We have a wide range of clients including strategic land owners, property developers, land promoters, charities, planning consultants, private individuals, financial institutions and energy companies which include Sports Direct and Perenco UK Limited and work on projects of all sizes across all of England and Wales.
The head of our team, Alex Ground has been rated in Chambers UK for the last three years.