compromise and termination agreements
We represent people whose employment relationships are coming to an end.
Our clients are from all walks of life, including very senior executives with complex entitlements or seven-figure disputes, as well as vulnerable employees and people on average or below-average incomes. If you have been offered a compromise agreement, we can advise on:
- The right level of compensation
- The terms of the agreement
- Whether to consider litigation
We are highly recommended for employment law by the legal directory Legal 500, which noted in its most recent edition that our employment team is "'more alive to the issues' than some competitors, and a regular opponent of heavyweight firms'" and that "The firm is 'excellent value for money', and delivers 'superb client care'" (Legal 500, 2012).
- We are a six-strong team of specialist employment lawyers with experience over the whole field of employment law
- Our service is practical and cost-effective
- We have handled a considerable number of high-profile employment cases with media interest
- We have dealt with negotiations involving the departure of numerous industry leaders, prominent rugby coaches, a football manager, a priest, the managing director of a parliamentary organisation, the vice chancellor of a university and many teachers and NHS employees.
- We will protect your interests and give you the best chance of securing appropriate compensation.
- We will give you both an accurate legal assessment of your compromise agreement and a sound commercial judgement based on experience. We will not simply 'rubber stamp' your agreement and any fees incurred will be proportionate to the benefit which might be obtained as a result.
- Sometimes employees have to take their matter to the courts or tribunals to secure what they deserve. Our experience enables us to represent clients throughout the whole process, from first negotiations to trial.