estate planning and probate »
We advise individuals on all aspects of will drafting and issues affecting wills including:
- Wills for high net worth and high-profile individuals
- Drafting wills in difficult family circumstances
- Estate planning
- Wills for the elderly
- Statutory wills
- Tax efficient wills and use of the nil rate band
- Wills and marriage or civil partnership
- Wills leaving specific legacies to Pilot Trusts
- Dealing with property in France
- The effect of the Finance Act 2006 and subsequent Finance Acts on will drafting
- Use of the Russell-Cooke Trust Company as executors.
Our team and approach
- Our specialist wills team offers a broad range of expertise to meet individual clients' needs no matter how complex. We are particularly well regarded for our expertise in cross-border issues for wills and in international tax, succession and asset management matters
- We work closely with other specialist lawyers including our French department to provide clients with seamless advice on matters such as inheritance tax, succession planning, capacity, trusts and international estates. The team is led by Richard Frimston, who contributes a regular column on cross-border issues to the STEP journal and is a co-author of International Aspects of Family Law, published by Resolution
- We know that clients often instruct us at difficult times to deal with sensitive matters and understand the importance of giving clear, timely and practical advice
- Many of our lawyers are members of professional organisations such as the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners ('STEP') and Solicitors for the Elderly.
Making a Will
Before you consult us for the first time, you may find it helpful to complete a questionnaire which can be found by clicking here.
If you have any foreign connections then it would also be sensible if you also completed our domicile questionnaire. Please click here.
These forms can be filled in on a computer, saved, then attached to an email and sent to your contact at Russell-Cooke. Alternatively, you can handwrite your questionnaire and post it to us. If you are contacting Russell-Cooke for the first time please send the questionnaire to Carly Argent or Kieran Bowe (as appropriate) at:
+44 (0)20 8394 6223
2 Putney Hill
+44 (0)20 8541 2041
Bishop's Palace House