commercial property »
We advise both landlords and tenants on all aspects of business tenancies including:
- Negotiation of new commercial leases
- Exclusion of business tenancy security under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Lease assignments
- Surrenders, re-gears, operational break clauses
- Rent reviews
- Lease renewals (whether by private negotiation or through exercising business tenancy security renewal rights under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954)
- Property management work such as licences to alter, assign or sub-let and variation of leases
- Dilapidations and other end of lease term matters
- Related tax planning and consequences of commercial tenancy transactions including SDLT and VAT
- Tenant insolvency
Our landlord clients include developers, major funds, financial institutions and private UK or off-shore investors. They let a diverse range of commercial premises including individual stand-alone properties, multi-let premises, business parks and prestigious head office and campus establishments.
The tenant clients we represent include national chains in the retail, hospitality and leisure industries; companies occupying regional and central London or City headquarters offices; the occupiers of industrial, hi-tech, specialist build and other bespoke facilities; and start-up businesses on short-term initial commercial tenancies.
- Our business lease specialists are an integral part of our commercial property team, which has a strong reputation in its field and broad experience over the entire sector, including complex, high-value and time-critical deals
- Legal peer review guide Chambers 2011 says 'Clients describe Russell-Cooke's real estate team as "proactive and responsive, as well as imaginative in their approach to difficult situations."