dispute resolution »
real estate disputes
We advise property owners, landlords and tenants on a wide range of real estate disputes, including:
- Disputes about ownership of, and interests in, property
- Disputes about the acquisition of property
- Disputes about contracts, leases and mortgages (including construction or interpretation)
- Professional negligence
- Insolvency and property
- Joint venture disputes
- Landlord and tenant
- Repossession of property, including eviction of squatters
- Recovery of rent and service charges
- Business tenancy disputes
- Dilapidations and disrepair claims
- Rent reviews
- Rights of way and rights of light
- Party wall and boundary disputes
Our clients include property investment companies, institutions, developers and retailers. We also have expertise in acting for not-for-profit bodies.
Our highly-regarded specialist team deals exclusively with property disputes. Legal peer review Chambers describes it as "a straightforward team you can really do business with".
The team is headed by Jason Hunter, one of the UK's leading real estate litigation lawyers and the author of published works in the field.
All Contentious Property solicitors in the team are members of the Property Litigation Association.