dispute resolution »
commercial contractual disputes
We advise on commercial contractual disputes in a wide variety of sectors, including:
- Agency disputes
- Construction disputes
- Contract disputes
- Costs disputes
- Guarantee disputes
- Intellectual property
- IT disputes
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Service contracts
- Supply disputes
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Planning disputes
- Product liability claims
- Professional negligence
- Property disputes
- Regulatory bodies
The majority of disputes settle before final trial, often as a result of negotiation and/or alternative dispute resolution.
Examples of cases we have dealt with recently:
- Alleged breach of a contract granting exclusive retail rights across UK motor racing circuits.
- Alleged wrongful termination of a franchise, resolved through negotiation.
- Acting for estate agents in claims where sellers have failed to pay the commission.
- Acting for a developer in its dispute with an alleged co-venturer with an alleged profit share agreement.
Alleged breach of supply and disribution agreement in the fashion industry, resolved through mediation.
- Our specialist team consists of five partners and 14 assistants, working closely with their colleagues across the firm.
- The team includes qualified civil mediators and we regularly assist clients with various forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- We aim to offer our clients good value for money, tailoring our advice to the size and complexity of the case.
- We are prepared to consider alternative forms of funding in appropriate cases.