dispute resolution »
commercial corporate disputes
We are experienced in helping to resolve company and partnership disputes, offering a practical and efficient way of finding a solution to problems. We also offer general contract and risk management advice, as well as strategic advice on the best forum for dispute resolution.
We encourage the use of mediation and negotiation, which focuses on resolving disputes at an early stage to avoid the need for litigation.
Our wide experience includes:
- Unfair prejudice and minority protection actions
- Deadlocked board disputes
- Disputes about directors' fiduciary duties
- Joint venture disputes
- Restrictive covenants
- Shareholder and investor disputes
- Partnership disputes
- The removal of shareholders and directors
- negligence claims
- advice on misconduct matters
- general corporate governance issues
Reported recent cases include:
- Gypsy Nirvana Limited v Clark  All ER 184 A company dispute about the validity of the appointment of the defendant as a director.
Pro-Finance Trust SA v Gladstone  WLR 1024 A minority shareholders' petition. The case concerned the court's approach to the valuation of a company and a minority shareholding, and the extent of its powers and jurisdiction when dealing with such valuation.
- Our specialist team consists of five partners and 14 assistants, working closely with colleagues in other specialist areas.
- Our team includes qualified civil mediators. We regularly assist clients with various forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- We offer a cost-effective service appropriate to the size and complexity of each case, and are prepared to consider alternative forms of funding if relevant.