dispute resolution »
We advise individual clients on their civil disputes. The matters we deal with vary widely in value and complexity. We have represented clients in the County Court and High Court and, more occasionally, in the House of Lords.
Examples of issues we have helped clients with include:
- Commercial and residential property disputes
- Construction and building works
- Contentious probate and trusts
- Contractual disputes
- Mediation/alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Negligent professionals
- Problems relating to shareholder disputes, directors duties and partnerships
- Property ownership or acquisition
- Our specialist team consists of five partners and 14 assistants, working closely with other specialist colleagues
- Some members of our team are qualified civil mediators and regularly assist clients with various forms of alternative dispute resolution
- We aim to offer good value for money to our clients, tailoring our advice to the size and complexity of the case
- We are prepared to consider alternative forms of funding in appropriate cases. However, we do not have a contract for civil publicly funded work and do not therefore offer legal aid for civil disputes
If you require more information about particular types of dispute, please refer to the related services link on the right hand of this page.