compensation claims »
We advise individuals on the legal issues involved in bringing a claim for clinical negligence - that is, a claim for injuries that are resulting from a mistake made by a doctor, dentist or other health professional. We act in cases brought against GPs, doctors in the NHS or private medicine, NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We act in situations involving all types of injury, including head and spine injury, cancer, injuries sustained at birth and fatal accident claims.
- We are a very experienced team of lawyers with a national reputation for excellence. The lawyers' peer review Chambers describes us as "astute litigators" and "thoroughly impressive". We regularly receive referrals from other law firms and professionals.
- Senior lawyer Deborah Blythe is described as a "fantastic advisor with the right mix of compassion and empathy" by Chambers whilst Janice Gardner is noted for her "success in achieving a £5 million award on behalf of actress Leslie Ash".
- Our team includes specialist lawyers who are accredited members of panels including the Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel, Action Against Medical Accidents (AVMA) Panel and the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).
- We can offer flexible funding arrangements for clients. The financial strength, size and diversity of the firm means that in certain circumstances we can offer in-house funding for claims which have a strong chance of success but where the client is in difficult financial circumstances.
- We are committed to public funding. The firm is accredited with the Legal Services Commission's Specialist Services mark for clinical negligence. This means that we are accredited to act for publicly-funded clients in relation to clinical negligence claims.