governance & commercial »
We advise individuals, companies and charities on a wide range of pension issues.
We tailor our advice to suit your needs. You may never have had to deal with such issues before. Or you may be familiar with this area but need advice on the technical aspects – or commercial advice on your options.
We explain a complex area of law in practical terms and guide our clients through their decision-making processes towards a commercially-sound and cost-effective solution.
We advise charities and their pension scheme trustees on a range of issues, including:
- Pension issues in mergers and other transactions
- Pension issues arising from outsourcing - including local authority outsourcing
- Changes to pension entitlement
- Closing pension schemes.
We have recently advised several charities on the pensions aspects:
- The termination of a long-term local authority outsourcing
- A new local authority outsourcing, where the charity were admitted to the authority's pension scheme
- Closing a final salary pension scheme
- A merger of two charities, where one closed their pension scheme and joined the other's pension scheme.
Our team and approach
- Our pensions specialists work very closely with the other teams across the firm to provide a joined-up service in areas such as employment and company and commercial law
- Working for both employers and employees, as well as pensions trustees, we understand pension issues from all sides, which can be helpful in avoiding disputes.