Our team of immigration lawyers specialise in advising a very broad base of individual clients, ranging from ultra high net worth and high net worth clients, to professional clients, to executives, to individual clients of relatively modest financial means.
We provide our individual clients with a very broad scope of immigration advice, ranging from advising them in relation to Tier 1 Investor and Entrepreneur visas, to family and dependant visa applications, to EEA family residence permit applications, to representing individuals who have got into difficulties with the UKBA and/or who are seeking to rely on discretionary or human rights grounds.
Our immigration team combines considerable experience and technical expertise with an efficient and personable approach to make the visa application process run as smoothly as possible for individual clients and their families.
We are one of few immigration teams rated in Legal 500 (the leading legal directory), which states that our team of immigration lawyers:
- "has 'in-depth knowledge of immigration'" (2013)
- "is particularly strong on contentious immigration matters and Tier 1 (investor and entrepreneur) visas" (2013)
- is "notable for their work in the area of immigration" and that "The firm is 'excellent value for money', and delivers 'superb client care'"(2012)
The head of the Immigration Team, Edward Wanambwa, is recommended for Immigration in 'Legal Experts' 2013.
100% of the immigration applications submitted by members of our team have been approved.
We regularly advise non EEA nationals from a wide range of countries (including countries such as Australia, Canada, China, India, Russia, the USA and countries in the Middle East) and are sensitive to cultural differences.
One of our specialisms is advising individual clients on immigration matters that are typically of interest to high net worth, ultra high net worth and/or professional foreign nationals, including Tier 1 Investor and Entrepreneur visas.
Another of our specialisms is challenging negative UK Border Agency (UKBA) decisions and we have a dedicated judicial review/public law team, which many of our peers do not. In the last year alone, we have successfully challenged numerous UKBA decisions and have a very high success rate.
Our strength in advising on Investor and Entrepreneur visas and on contentious immigration matters has been highlighted by Legal 500.
For our individual clients and their families we focus on the following types of immigration applications:
- Tier 1 - Investor visas under Tier 1 (designed for those who can invest at least £1m in the UK)
- Tier 1 - Entrepreneur visas under Tier 1 (designed for those who wish to establish, join or take over one or more businesses in the UK)
- Tier 1 - Graduate Entrepreneur and Exceptional Talent visas under Tier 1
- Tier 2 - Skilled employment related visas under Tier 2
- British citizenship
- Indefinite leave to remain/settlement
- Family and dependant related visa applications for children, spouses, civil partners, fiancés and unmarried partners
- Creative and sportsperson visas
- Sole representative visas
- UK ancestry visas
- Tier 1 - Exceptional Talent visas
- EEA family permit and residence permits (and other applications relating to free movement within Europe)
- Bulgarian, Romanian and Croatian work permit visasVisitor visas
- Tourist visas
- Student visas
- Cases in the Immigration and Asylum Tribunal
- Cases in the High Court
- Judicial review
- In-country appeals
- Out of country appeals
- Domestic worker visas
- Overseas entry clearance
- Fast tracking/UKBA Premium appointments
We know that obtaining a visa is only one aspect of relocating to the UK and recognise that you might also need to review your tax and wealth-management arrangements and purchase a new home here. In addition to our immigration expertise, we have specialist private client tax and estate planning, residential conveyancing and family law teams, which allows us to offer a very comprehensive and complimentary range of services, all within one firm, to our clients who are relocating to the UK.
We advise a broad range of employers - ranging from large and high profile multinational organisations to smaller UK based businesses - and educational institutions on the full spectrum of UK immigration law: Business Immigration Services
We provide focused, bespoke and cost-effective immigration advice and tailor our approach to meet the needs of each client.
We regularly assist other law firms who do not specialise in immigration law and large corporates such as banks, financial advisers and professional advisers who trust us to do an excellent job for their clients.
Members of the team regularly write about developments in UK immigration law and have contributed immigration articles to international publications such as Corporate Counsel, Corporate International, Lawyer Monthly, Global Legal Post, the International Bar Association's Immigration and Nationality Newsletter and have provided commentary on immigration law developments for national publications such as The Guardian, The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, Personnel Today, Law Society and also for the BBC, Radio 4 and Channel 4 News.
We have very good contacts within other complimentary sectors (such as the banking, financial services, wealth management and accounting sectors) and would be happy to make an introduction.
If you require immigration assistance in another jurisdiction, we have excellent relationships with many leading immigration lawyers in other jurisdictions and would be happy to make a recommendation or liaise with them on your behalf.