The notarial service that we provide includes the standard functions of a 'notary public' which is authentication and certification of documents for use overseas. We are also able to arrange Foreign and Commonwealth Office legalisation, obtaining further certification from the relevant consulate and arrange to send the document to its ultimate destination.
We are able to authorise, prepare and certify a range of documents used to transact business overseas including:
- Preparing and witnessing Powers of Attorney
- Taking Declarations, Affidavits and Oaths
- Witnessing signatures on documents to deal with land, property and finances overseas
- Authenticating company and business documents
- Witnessing personal documents to apply to marry or to work abroad
- Attestation of Deeds
- Confirmation of the identity of individuals and in the case of corporate clients of Directors, Secretaries and other officers of a company.
- Certified copies of identification documents and verification of certificates.
- Dealing with public documents and arranging legalisation
- Notice of impediment of marriage
- Verification of academic certificates
Richard Frimston heads the private client team and carries out notarial work for private individuals and companies.
We are able to identify your requirements quickly and effectively and advise the best way to proceed and inform you of any additional steps which may be necessary to authenticate the document in a form that is acceptable in the country of its destination.
We are able to provide a fast service where Foreign and Commonwealth Office legalisation is required on the same day. We can arrange to obtain same day premium service legalisation for our clients. We use a local and reliable courier to send the documents to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and return the documents to our clients at a convenient place.
We also arrange postal legalisation which takes up to 5 days to process where required. In some cases we are able to organise Consular and Embassy legalisation on behalf of our clients. We also arrange secure courier delivery of documents and international courier services.
The notary public is a leading expert in cross border estates and can provide detailed advice in relation to buying/selling foreign property and the tax and inheritance implications of such transactions (in addition to the notarial matter).
Russell-Cooke has over 15 years experience as a notary public. Richard Frimston has supervised trainee notaries in training at prominent city firms including Withers LLP and Charles Russell.
The notarial practice at Russell-Cooke enables the firm that provide a complete service to its clients. Where clients are involved in multi-national transactions and require notarisation of documents to send to lawyers overseas, Russell-Cooke can offer a complete service and notarise such documents.
If you would like more information about the services that we provide please
For information about how we are regulated and our complaints procedure please click here