family & children »
divorce & separation
We advise married couples whose relationship has broken down on the legal side of divorce and separation.
People consult us on a wide range of matters including:
- Financial settlements, both on divorce and separation
- Emergency steps
- Issues relating to their children
- International aspects of divorce
- Variation and capitalisation of maintenance
Our specialist team is well respected by other family solicitors, both locally and nationally. We have a high rate of referrals from existing or past clients and are recommended in the legal directories Legal 500 and Chambers: "Russell-Cooke is repeatedly praised for offering cost-effective family advice. Clients are impressed by the dedication and commitment of the team".
- We can offer resolution through negotiation, mediation, collaborative practice or the courts. We have four trained mediators and eight trained collaborative lawyers
- Our hourly rates are competitive, offering value for money
- We advise a broad range of clients from mid-income to high net worth individuals, both nationally and abroad. We have considerable experience in advising on cases involving high incomes, company interests, large family trusts, overseas assets and pensions
- We offer an initial one hour meeting on a fixed charge
- We are backed up by strong supporting expertise of our colleagues working in related areas, including trusts, inheritance, tax, conveyancing, French property, and general commercial services
- All our solicitors are members of Resolution, the national organisation of family lawyers. Camilla Thornton is a member of Resolution's Standards Committee and Fiona Read, a senior lawyer in the team, is a Deputy District Judge, a member of the Law Society's Family Law Panel and the Resolution's International Committee.