family & children »
We advise couples who are about to get married and wish to draw up an agreement on what would happen financially should the marriage fail.
We have a broad mix of clients, from mid-income to high net worth individuals, both nationally and abroad.
- Legal peer review Chambers notes that we are "repeatedly praised for offering cost-effective family advice. Clients are impressed by the dedication and commitment of the team"
- Our competitive hourly rates offer value for money
- We have four trained mediators and eight trained collaborative lawyers
- All our solicitors are members of Resolution, the organisation for family lawyers. Camilla Thornton is a member of its Standards Committee and Fiona Read a member of its International Committee
Our approach and expertise
- We have considerable experience in advising on cases involving high incomes, company interests, large family trusts, overseas assets and pensions
- We are well respected by other family solicitors, both locally and nationally, and have a high rate of referrals from existing or past clients
- We are actively involved in the progress of family law and the improvement of general standards for family lawyers and have considerable experience in all aspects of family law
- We can offer resolution through negotiation, mediation, collaborative practice or the courts
- The wider firm can provide advice on all areas connected to family law, to include trusts, inheritance, tax, conveyancing, French property and general commercial services