general employment issues
Employment law is complex and changes constantly. We give specialist advice to employers (ranging from London based, to national and multi-national employers) on all legal aspects of their relationship with employees.
In this area of the law, prevention is better (and cheaper) than cure. Clients who seek legal advice at an early stage nearly always manage to avoid tribunal proceedings.
As well as advising on dismissal, discrimination and contracts of employment, we can help with the following areas:
- Breach of contract (including issues relating to commission, bonus or share entitlements)
- Restrictive covenants
- Confidential information
- Transfer of undertakings protection of employment (TUPE)
- Allegations of bullying
- Flexible working and parental rights
- Dependant care regulations
- Regulations relating to part-time or fixed term work
- Data protection and workplace monitoring
- Pensions (including the issues that arise if you are thinking of changing your pensions scheme)
We also offer a product called Employment Risk Solutions. This allows you, for an annual premium, to insure your business against claims over which a tribunal might have jurisdiction.
We are highly recommended for employment law by the legal directory Legal 500, which noted in its most recent edition that our employment team is "'more alive to the issues' than some competitors, and a regular opponent of heavyweight firms'" and that "The firm is 'excellent value for money', and delivers 'superb client care'" (Legal 500, 2012).
- We are a six-strong team of specialist employment lawyers.
- We offer quick and no-nonsense advice.
- Our clients come from a wide range of industries and sectors. They include companies and other businesses, barristers' chambers, sports clubs, charities, schools, regulatory bodies and trade organisations.
- We work in the way that suits you. If you are a human resources manager in a large organisation, you may simply need an answer to a specific legal question. If you manage a small business, you may need support throughout an ongoing problem.