Amy is a partner in the property group dealing with both residential and commercial property.
She specialises in residential lease extension and enfranchisement, primarily under the Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993, and related Landlord and Tenant matters, acting for both landlord and tenants. This work includes advising Residents’ freehold and management companies before, during and after a statutory or voluntary freehold purchase in order to assist with identifying the best approach to an acquisition, granting of 999 year leases after completion and continuing block management.
Amy also has extensive experience in commercial property law, representing both landlord and tenants in a range of non-contentious matters from freehold sales and purchases, grant or acquisitions of leases, to lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
Amy joined Russell-Cooke in 2015.
- Acting for a resident company of a large block in relation to a complex roof development issue and structure of the occupational leases.
- Representing landlord of a freehold block on enfranchisement to include advice on development value of roofspace and structuring of the disposal by way of an overage agreement.
- Representing a company on the disposal of an entire housing estate comprising over 60 units, to include advice on requirements of first refusal under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987.
- Acting for national furniture chain Loaf in the acquisition of a number of new stores and offices across the country, including within planned developments.
- Representing jeweller Dinny Hall in taking leasehold premises at various sites across London.
- Acting for a company taking an agreement for lease of a large office space in a central London development at a high rent.
- Acting for the purchaser on the acquisition of a freehold block to include 6 commercial units, 10 residential units and a number of parking spaces.
- Qualified as a solicitor in 2006
"Thank you for being always so present, so competent and so helpful, both professionally and on a personal level too: relying on you has been crucial in keeping me sane through this tortuous and stressful affair."