We act for companies, partnerships, LLPs, directors and shareholders in relation to a wide variety of company and partnership disputes.
Some of our clients have a lot of experience of dealing with complex disputes relating to commercial corporate matters. For others, their contact with us is their first experience of litigation or dispute resolution.
Our areas of expertise
We have extensive experience in dealing with commercial corporate disputes, which enables us to focus our advice directly on the area most relevant to you. Our experience also means that you can be confident that your case is dealt with by an appropriate specialist in the field and will be supervised by a partner with significant knowledge of the area.
Our specialist team is able to provide advice on resolving a broad range of commercial corporate disputes whether by litigation, negotiation or some form of ADR including mediation. We advise on:
- Unfair prejudice and minority protection actions
- Deadlocked board disputes
- Disputes about directors’ fiduciary duties
- Disputes within residents’ management companies
- Joint venture disputes
- Breach of warranty and misrepresentation claims, including those relating to the acquisition and disposal of businesses
- Disputes about restrictive covenants and confidentiality agreements
- Shareholder and investor disputes
- Removal of shareholders and directors
- Misconduct and negligence claims
- General corporate governance issues
We aim to help clients avoid disputes or resolve them at an early stage. We offer a service tailored to the size and complexity of each case and provide practical and commercial advice to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
We are prepared to consider alternative forms of funding in appropriate circumstances.
Our lawyers are experienced in areas such as ensuring that you receive the breadth of support you require from lawyers who are able to see alternative approaches to resolving your problems.
We can also draw on the range of experience across the firm, so that we are able to consider and advise on issues relating to insolvency, property, corporate and commercial and any regulatory matters that may arise in the course of your dispute.