We advise owners, employers, developers, contractors, sub-contractors and construction professionals (including architects and surveyors) in relation to disputes arising from both residential and commercial construction projects.
Matters we advise on include:
- the terms of construction contracts, including those produced by the Joint Contracts Tribunal and the Institution of Civil Engineers and Federation of Master Builders
- the legal regimes applicable to construction operations
- payment disputes under construction contracts
- disputes relating to defective works/remedial works
- disputes relating to final accounts, including delay and extension of time claims
- adjudication, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution
- professional negligence on construction projects
- contractor/employer insolvency
- retention of title claims
We aim to help clients avoid disputes or resolve them at an early stage. We offer a service tailored to the size and complexity of each case and provide practical and commercial advice to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
We act for a number of employer and contractor clients involved on the basis of a general retainer so that we can advise on construction law issues as and when they arise.
We are prepared to consider alternative forms of funding in appropriate circumstances.
- Our specialist team consists of members of the Society of Construction Law and the Technology and Construction Solicitors Association (TeSCA).
- We aim to help clients avoid disputes or resolve them at an early stage. As well as exploring legal rights and remedies, our advice focuses on the practical steps that will achieve the best possible outcome for the client.
If you would like to speak with a member of the team you can contact our commercial litigation solicitors on 020 3826 7550 or complete our enquiry form.