We advise employers (ranging from London based, to national and multi-national employers) on problems relating to discrimination law and whistleblowing, including allegations of:
- victimisation and harassment
- age discrimination
- sex discrimination
- race and religious discrimination
- disability discrimination
- discrimination based on sexual orientation
We also represent organisations who have discrimination claims brought against them by members, customers, etc. relating to the exercise of their functions, rather than any discrimination in employment.
Our breadth of experience and technical knowledge of discrimination law makes us well-placed to help employers avoid financial and reputational damage. There is no limit to the financial damages that a tribunal can award in discrimination cases.
We are one of a relatively small number of employment law teams that is highly recommended in The Legal 500 (the independent legal research directory), which notes that we are a team of "tenacious and committed litigators, which delivers appropriate and measured advice that gives clients confidence in its ability".
- we are a six-strong team of specialist employment lawyers
- We have a strong track record and have handled high-profile cases, including the associative discrimination case Coleman v Attridge Law, a whistleblowing claim against the television production company Vera Productions and a claim involving allegations of sexual misconduct against one of England's richest men.
- Acting for trade or qualifying bodies, or bodies exercising public functions, we have successfully defended a number of very large discrimination claims in which the claimants were claiming for loss of career, obtaining some of the largest costs awards ever awarded in the Employment Tribunal.
- Unlike many other employment teams, we also regularly act for employees in whistleblowing and discrimination claims - enabling us to offer a special insight into what the other side is likely to be thinking.