For advice on who to talk to, call
We advise and represent parents, both applicants and respondents, on all legal issues relating to international movement of children and child abduction. This includes parents whose children have been taken abroad and parents who have removed children abroad without permission or kept children abroad beyond the agreed time.
We can provide specialist advice on a range of matters including:
- Hague Convention child abduction proceedings
- Brussels II Revised proceedings
- wardship and inherent jurisdiction proceedings
- enforcing a Parental Responsibility or Child Arrangements Order made overseas
Our approach and expertise
- We have a long standing reputation in the field of child abduction and have acted in the landmark House of Lords case of Re: D (A Child) (Abduction: foreign custody rights)  UKHL 510
- We understand the need to act quickly and are experts in this specialist field of international law
- We handle our cases sensitively and proactively
- We are members of the International Child Abduction and Contact Unit (ICACU) specialist solicitor referral panel and act for many applicant parents from abroad in securing the return of their child.
- We are founding members of the Child Abduction Lawyers Association (CALA).
- We are included on Reunite's (the leading UK charity in child abduction) Lawyers listing.
- We are members of Resolution and partner Fiona Read sits on Resolution's International Family Law Committee.
- Senior associate Lauren Hall is viewed by her clients as 'a delight to deal with' and her friendly manner makes Hague cases 'bearable'.
- Associate Sarah Inchley is a member of the Law Society Children Panel and is described by others in the legal profession as a 'rising star' and for 'really cutting the mustard'.
Law Society Family Panel
The Family Law Accreditation Scheme covers all types of family law work. Members will have shown, to the satisfaction of the Law Society, that they have and will maintain a high level of knowledge, skills, experience and practice in the area of family law.lawsociety.org.uk
Resolution’s 5700 members are family lawyers committed to the constructive resolution of family disputes. Our members follow a Code of Practice that promotes a non-confrontational approach to family problems. Our members encourage solutions that consider the needs of the whole family - and in particular the best interests of children.www.resolution.org.uk
Law Society Childrens Panel
The Children Panel Accreditation Scheme aims to connect you with practitioners experienced in representing children and other parties under the Children Act 1989.lawsociety.org.uk
Non means and non merits legal aid is available to applicants in Hague Convention child abduction proceedings issued in this country.
If you are not eligible for legal aid, charges are usually based on our hourly rates plus administrative charges and disbursements. We will provide you with an initial estimate of your likely legal costs and will update this as your requirements or the circumstances of the work change.
We would be pleased to discuss your requirements and produce a costs estimate accordingly based on the type and complexity of the work involved.
Reunite UK are the leading UK charity specialising in international parental child abduction.Click here for further information
Children and Families Across Borders (CFAB)
Children and Families Across Borders (CFAB) is a unique UK-based charity which identifies and protects children who have been separated from family members as a consequence of trafficking, abduction, migration, divorce, conflict and asylum, as well as other vulnerable individuals in often desperate circumstances.Click here for further information
CAFCASS (Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service)
Cafcass looks after the interests of children involved in family proceedings. They work with children and their families, and then advise the courts on what is considered to be in the best interests of individual children.cafcass.gov.uk