We help parents and family members make the right arrangements for children following separation or where there are disagreements about their upbringing or welfare.
We treat the welfare of your children as the most important issue. Our aim is to help you make arrangements with the minimum of distress to your children and family as a whole.
Wherever possible we aim to help families reach agreement about arrangements for children, but where necessary we offer a depth of experience acting in the Family Court in all aspects of children law disputes. We have a long standing reputation in the field and have built excellent professional relationships with the courts, judges, solicitors, barristers and experts.
All our solicitors are members of Resolution, and our children law team are also members of the Association of Lawyers for Children and the Law Society Children Panel.
The Legal 500 (2022) describes our practice as "unique in that as well as routinely undertaking the high value financial remedy work, it also has a thriving legal aid children practice which is highly unusual in the market."
How we can help
Matters our team advises on include:
- child arrangements orders defining who children live with or spend time with (previously known as residence and contact)
- relocating with children abroad or within the UK, and arrangements to travel abroad
- obtaining parental responsibility for fathers, step-parents or other family members
- grandparents' roles in children's lives
- specific issue disputes such as disputes over where children should be educated
- caring for children in the wider family, for example by grandparents, including special guardianship orders
- representing minor children when they are made parties to court proceedings
- acting where there are concerns about alcohol or drug misuse, concerns children may be being abused, and where there may be involvement by social services
If you would like to speak with a member of the team you can contact our family law solicitors:
Holborn office 020 3826 7526
Putney office 020 3826 7520
Kingston office 020 3826 7527
or complete our enquiry form.
Our hourly rates are competitive, offering value for money.
Charges are usually based on our hourly rates plus administrative charges and disbursements. We will provide you with an initial estimate of your likely legal costs and will update this as your requirements or the circumstances of the work change.