If you fear for your safety or that of a family member we can explore the options available to you, which may include obtaining an order to protect you and an order regulating who can occupy the family home.

What is domestic abuse?

Domestic abuse is not always physical or violent. It can also be psychological, sexual, emotional or financial.

There are options available other than going down the route of criminal proceedings which we understand people can often be reluctant to do.

The family courts can offer you protection by way of injunctions not only against a partner or ex-partner but also against wider members of your family or household. These can also be made on an emergency basis to offer immediate protection. Our specialist family solicitors can advise you on:

Sometimes it is appropriate to explore options outside of the injunctions set out above, such as obtaining 'undertakings' which are binding promises to the court. We can discuss this with you once we have more information about your particular circumstances.

How can we help?

We can help and advise you in the strictest of confidence. We can assist you in obtaining undertakings and/or applying for injunctions and will ensure that you are represented by a lawyer at court.

We can also advise you if you have been accused of domestic abuse.

For more information please see our Domestic Abuse hub which includes a range of useful and easy-to-navigate information and resources.

If you would like to speak with a member of the team you can contact our family law solicitors; Holborn office 020 3826 7526; Kingston office 020 3826 7527 and Putney office 020 3826 7520 or complete our enquiry form.

Our hourly rates are competitive, offering value for money. 

Charges are usually based on our hourly rates plus administrative charges and disbursements. We will provide you with an initial estimate of your likely legal costs and will update this as your requirements or the circumstances of the work change.