Our tax solicitors advise on the international tax issues that often arise when someone owns assets in more than one country, or has some other connection with a foreign jurisdiction. Our expertise in cross-border issues means that we can tackle almost any legal matter. Areas of law on which we offer specialist advice include:
- marriage and civil partnership - we advise on pre and post-nuptial contracts and the effects of matrimonial property regimes across international borders
- divorce and dissolution - we advise on the implementation of financial settlements across international borders
- wills and tax planning
- estates and estate administration - we advise on complex international estates and deal with their administration
- the Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (‘ATED’) and non-resident capital gains tax
Please see here for a general note on UK residence, domicile and remittance basis issues.
- We offer sensible, practical and technically-reliable advice
- Our fees are highly competitive compared to those of other central London competitors with similar levels of expertise
- We have a strong reputation in the field. Many of our clients are referred to us from City law firms
- The breadth of the firm's expertise means we can offer integrated, joined-up advice to clients with complex problems
- Our team of specialist tax lawyers have outstanding expertise and a wealth of experience dealing with international issues. Certain team members are members of the Association of Tax Technicians.
Charges are usually based on our hourly rates plus administrative charges and disbursements. We will provide you with an initial estimate of your likely legal costs and will update this as your requirements or the circumstances of the work change.
We would be pleased to discuss your requirements free of charge and produce a costs estimate accordingly based on the type and complexity of the work involved.
- View all related events