The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is due to come into force on 25 May 2018. The new legislation impacts all aspects of charity business from marketing to fundraising, from HR to IT and all organisations need to take steps to prepare.
Carla Whalen, associate in our charity and social business team will be speaking at a half day course provided by the Directory of Social Change:
- giving an overview of the new concepts and approaches in the GDPR
- outlining the legal bases for processing personal data and the conditions for obtaining consent from individuals
- discussing what must be included in privacy notices and when they must be issued
- reviewing the rights of individuals under the GDPR, including changes to data subject to access requests
- discussing the new obligations on data processors and the requirements for third-party contracts
Tuesday 14 November 2017 - Resource for London, 356 Holloway Road, London, N7 6PA
Book your place on the half-day GDPR course via the Directory of Social Change. Ticket costs vary based on your type of organisation. View the different price bands.