Safety & Health Expo 2018 is the UK's leading event for health and safety, where all key associations, manufacturers, distributors and industry leaders come together to discuss how to change the perception of health and safety and continue to successfully keep workers and environments safe.
Kizzy Augustin, health and safety partner, will be discussing health and safety prosecution of individuals. She will be joined by Michael Applebey, Fisher Scoggins Waters, and Dr Simon Joyston-Bechal, Turnstone Law, to discuss recent developments including:
- the extent of health and safety criminal duties owed by individuals
- reduced thresholds for imprisonment for mainstream health and safety offences
- anticipation of eight years in jail as the starting point for most workplace cases of gross negligence manslaughter as from December 2018
- disqualification of directors
- some recent cases
- practical tips to stay out of jail
Wednesday 20 June 2018 - ExCel London, Royal Victoria Dock, 1 Western Gateway, London, E16 1XL
For more information and to book your place visit the Safety & Heath Expo website.