If you decide to leave your partner and you both own a property held as 'tenants in common' but they don't have the funds to buy you out, what are your options?

Associate Jemma Pollock appears in The Sunday Times Home Help on whether the part owner can force a sale for their 50% share.

Jemma is an associate solicitor in the family team. She advises clients on a broad range of family matters including divorce and financial matters following separation and pre-and post-nuptial agreements. She has significant experience of cohabitation and property disputes between both separating couples and family members, as well as in private law children matters including international relocation cases.

What can I do if I want to leave my partner but he can't buy me out.pdf