The 2019 edition of Chambers UK has once again recognised Russell-Cooke as a leading firm across a broad range of practice areas. Band 1 rankings in Children Law and Real Estate demonstrate the firm’s diversity of expertise.
Chambers UK is a guide to the UK’s leading law firms and lawyers. The rankings and commentary are produced from thousands of research interviews with solicitors, barristers and clients.
Russell-Cooke specialist teams are recommended for:
- Charities – UK-wide Band 3 “responsive, helpful, insightful, pragmatic and supportive.”
- Children: Cross-Border Disputes – London Band 3 “a friendly, intelligent, forward-looking firm that possesses excellent expertise but isn't stuffy or unapproachable."
- Children: Public Law Matters – London Band 1 “formidable team”
- Clinical Negligence: Mainly Claimant – London Band 3 “accomplished team assisting clients with complex and sensitive cases ranging in value and severity”
- Crime – London Band 2 “a team of high-quality lawyers” “in the field of criminal law the firm's work is some of the best”
- Family/matrimonial - London Band 3 “versatile, well-regarded family department”
- Professional Discipline – UK-wide Band 3 “excellent - they are quick to respond and deal with urgent advice matters amenably and efficiently"
- Real Estate Litigation – London Band 4 “provide the combination of knowledge of the legal issues as well as understanding our position as a client”
- Real Estate: Lower Mid-Market – London Band 1 “their commercial awareness is a main strength, alongside an excellent legal ability"
- Social Housing: Tenants – UK-wide Band 3 “well-regarded team” “good all-rounders”
Managing Partner Jonathan Thornton said: “We continue to receive strong recognition for our lawyers across a broad range of specialist teams. Many quotes this year recognise our lawyers’ strong empathy for, and understanding of, their clients. This is particularly pleasing as our people are of course at the heart of our business. Our lawyers’ ability to act as strong ally and close counsel to our clients, whether they are individuals or organisations, is core to our success."