Lauren is a senior associate in the property and housing litigation team.
Her areas of expertise include residential landlord and tenant disputes, advice on management of large portfolios, major works, ground rent and service charge arrears recovery, service charge mechanics, rent issues, lease variation, breach of covenant, forfeiture, possession, right of way, adverse possession and neighbour disputes.
She acts for large landlords, housing cooperatives, tenant organisations, managing agents, tenants, and private individuals.
Lauren qualified as a general advisor with the Citizens Advice Bureau in 2009 and continues to volunteer maintaining a strong interest in access to justice.
Lauren qualified as a solicitor in 2013 and joined Russell-Cooke in 2017. She was promoted to senior associate in 2020.
- Attended Phase 1 hearings of the Grenfell Tower Inquiry
- Advised numerous landlords and managing agents on the strategy, planning and management of service charge mechanics, major works, qualifying long term agreements and long term works under section 20 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985
- Acted for landlords, managing agents and tenant organisations in the recovery of service charge and ground rent arrears attending to proceedings in the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) and the County Court
- Advised on forfeiture, service of section 146 notices and further enforcement action including obtaining charging orders and orders for sale
- Acted in numerous breach of leasehold covenant matters including, breach of use, breach of occupation, noise nuisance, undertaking alterations without consent, breach of covenant to repair and maintain. Experienced in First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) determinations of breach and subsequent proceedings.
- Defended landlords against claims of alleged disrepair brought by tenants
- Represented landlords and managing agents in applications for dispensation of the consultation requirements of section 20 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985
- Acted for several large landlords in the grant of voluntary 999 year lease extensions.
- Acted for landlords and tenants in applications for licences for alterations and deeds of variation.
- Acted for tenants in challenging their liability to pay service charges under section 27a of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985
- Acted for tenants defending their landlord's application for lease variation
- Advised landlords and tenants in residential possession proceedings under section 21 and section 8 of the Housing Act 1988
- Acted for a private individual in a high value trust of land dispute which successfully settled at mediation
- Acted for a private individual in resolving a property dispute in a family will trust
- Member of the Property Litigation Association
- General Advisor with Citizens Advice Bureau
- Read LLB Law at the University of Reading
- LPC at the University of Law, Bloomsbury