This event is closed
New development sites often do not have direct access to a public highway; sites can also be affected by third party access adversely impacting on the development potential.
Howard Swindall, real estate partner, will be joined by Kester Lees of Falcon Chambers and Graham Waller of PIB Insurance Brokers, to brief you on;
- the importance of pre-purchase site visits
- what to watch out for when assessing access issues for potential development sites
- there may be established rights, but are they adequate for the new development as well as the existing use?
- practical issues such as arrangements for repair or shared access
- how the courts interpret the terms of easements
- when title indemnity insurance might come to the rescue
08:15 - breakfast networking
08:45 - presentation
09:30 - ends
Tuesday 16 October 2018