Alexandra is an associate in the corporate and commercial team.
Alexandra joined the team in March 2018 and advises a range of clients from startups through to SMEs and more established businesses across a variety of sectors including software/technology, e-commerce, retail, travel and hospitality, security businesses, real estate, financial services, recruitment, and social media.
Alexandra regularly advises in relation to company formations, corporate governance (eg: shareholders' agreements, articles of association), shareholder / director exits, company acquisitions and sales, group reorganisations, fundraising and investment rounds.
Alexandra also advises on a wide range of commercial matters including commercial contracts and terms of business, intellectual property, data protection and e-commerce.
Alexandra joined Russell-Cooke as a trainee in September 2016. Alexandra has pre-qualification experience in areas including litigation and commercial real estate.
Before joining Russell-Cooke, Alexandra worked as a paralegal concentrating on commercial property and structured finance. Alexandra also volunteered at the Citizens Advice Bureau, and as a director in the charity sector for three years.
Corporate experience includes:
- acting for a number of startups in their early stages in relation the formation of their businesses including incorporating companies, drafting articles of association and shareholders' agreements
- acting for the founders of a tech company in relation to the exit of one director / shareholder from the business and then on the subsequent acquisition of fundraising from an institutional investor
- acting for the founders of a fintech company in relation to the exit of one of their director / shareholders and on the buy-back by the company of those shares
- assisting multiple security companies in relation to the sale of their businesses
- assisting a number of startups and SMEs in relation to investment rounds including equity fundraising from friends and family and from institutional investors
Commercial experience includes:
- drafting bespoke terms and conditions for a wide range of clients including for a real estate technology client
- drafting bespoke website policies including data protection policies for a social media startup
- drafting and negotiating software development and data protection agreements for a client in the travel sector
- Alexandra graduated with a first class degree in Politics at the University of Exeter
- Alexandra completed her Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course at the University of Law, where she also obtained an MSc in Law, Business and Management