Emily is an associate in the corporate and commercial team.
Since joining the team in March 2019, Emily has gained experience in a broad range of corporate and commercial matters. Emily regularly advises on corporate affairs including business and company acquisitions and sales, group restructuring, shareholders’ and founders’ agreements, and equity fundraising and lending.
Emily also assists businesses with their commercial contracts and terms of business, and has particular experience advising on a range of intellectual property issues, including trade marks and copyright.
Emily joined Russell-Cooke as a trainee in September 2017 and qualified as a solicitor in September 2019.
Corporate experience includes:
- Providing transactional advice to clients buying and selling businesses, including large companies and small to medium sized enterprises
- Advising businesses at all stages on different sources of finance, including equity fundraising from friends and family, overseas inward investment and more traditional lending arrangements
- Assisting with the restructuring of international businesses and the consolidation of group company operations
Commercial and intellectual property experience includes:
- Drafting bespoke terms and conditions and website policies, including data protection policies, and supplier and customer contracts
- Assisting businesses of all sizes with the protection and enforcement of their intellectual property rights, from startups seeking to establish their brands in the marketplace to successful businesses with international trade mark portfolios
- Advising on UK and European trade mark applications and registration, and working closely with overseas trade mark agents across the world to protect marks internationally
- Advising more generally on intellectual property ownership and rights, and the licensing and transferring of intellectual property assets
Emily graduated with a first from the University of Exeter where she read law with international study and completed her third year in the USA at the University of Connecticut School of Law.
Emily went on to complete the Legal Practice Course at BPP, achieving a distinction.