Graeme is a consultant solicitor in the real estate team, specialising in non-contentious construction law.
He has over 20 years' experience gained both in private practice and in-house as European General Counsel for a multi-national Japanese contractor, and has worked on a wide variety of projects, in the UK and Europe.
Graeme has acted for clients on all aspects of construction projects, including banks, developers, contractors, sub-contractors, local authorities, academic institutions and housing associations and also for professional advisers, such as architects and engineers.
He is experienced in drafting and negotiating all documentation involved in construction projects (e.g. building contracts and sub-contracts, development agreements, collateral warranties, professional appointments, performance bonds and guarantees).
- Advising on two international airport schemes in eastern Europe
- Acting for a number of social housing providers on a variety of affordable and shared-ownership schemes throughout England
- Advising a number of institutions in the education sector (schools, academies and universities) on redevelopment schemes
- Acting on luxury housing developments for owner-occupiers and bespoke developers
- Advising several multi-national manufacturers on significant factory development projects throughout the UK
- Studied law at Southampton University
- Trained with a City firm becoming a partner in 1991 before joining the European arm of Shimizu Corporation