Helen is a partner and head of the real estate team. She advises clients on investment acquisitions and disposals, premises for major retail clients, development work (including options, site assembly and forward funding) and real estate finance. Helen is also experienced in dealing with high-value office lettings and complex portfolio transactions.
Described by The Legal 500 as "gets deals done in commercial and friendly way" (2017) and “self-assured” (2016). The Legal 500 (2014) note that she is "very personable, with an excellent commercial attitude".
Helen joined Russell-Cooke in 2007.
- Led a team on the sale of Fosse Park in Leicester to Reit Asset Management for £308 million, which is widely accepted as the U.K.'s premier retail park and is anchored by Marks & Spencer, Next and Bhs
- Advising an off-shore partnership in the development and subsequent disposal for £101 million of a long leasehold interest in the Castle Quay Shopping Centre, Banbury to a pension fund
- Acted on the acquisition of a portfolio of four properties for £137 million by way of the purchase of units in four newly established unit trusts together with lease backs to the seller
- Representing the pension fund of a UK government regulatory body on numerous sales and purchases of stand-alone, or portfolios of, single or multi-let investment office and retail properties including on a complex site divided by a main rail line
- Acting for the Cubemaker Partnership (the property investment arm of the BP Pension Fund and Cube Real Estate), in the acquisition of an unbroken mixed use parade. The property consisted of 14 retail units, two floors of offices, 11 residential units, garages and a car park
- Acting for Matalan Retail on numerous acquisitions of retail stores, including on their new 480,000 square foot distribution centre in Knowsley
- Advising International Herald Tribune on the letting of its London head office
- Acting for Pret A Manger on premises acquisitions including high profile developments such as St Davids 2, Cardiff, and on property due-diligence for Pret on the sale of a majority stake in the company to Bridgepoint
- Acting for Petros, a property development and investment company, in relation to its acquisition of development sites for commercial, residential and student accommodation purposes
- Advised on the phased development of Prospect Place Retail Park, Dartford, including the temporary relocation of existing tenants and the subsequent letting and forward sale to a unit trust for £21 million
- Secured lending for The Royal Bank of Scotland plc on two separate multi-million portfolios of residential tenanted properties
- Described in The Legal 500 (2017) as "gets deals done in commercial and friendly way"
- Member of the Commercial Real Estate Legal Association (CRELA)
- Listed in the Thomson Reuters 'London Super Lawyers' list (2015)
- Chambers UK 2014 comment that clients say she "is very efficient, keeps the client informed of progress and delays and provides clear recommendations"
- Chambers 2013 notes that "she sees the imperatives of a deal quickly - she understands the pinch points and how the deal works for a developer"
- Identified as a "leading individual" in Chambers 2012 which states that "she is assertive and gives advice with options of what can be done"
- The Legal 500 accredits her for an "excellent professional attitude" (2010), for being "extremely efficient" (2012), and having "an excellent commercial attitude" (2013)
Studied law at King's College London, qualified in 2000