James is a senior associate in the real estate team, advising landlords, tenants, investors, developers, banks, pension funds and development finance providers on a wide range of property transactions, including acquisitions and disposals, leases, property management and secured lending. James has a special interest in real estate finance.
His commercial approach and technical ability ensure that deals are pushed through as efficiently as possible.
James qualified in 2010, joined Russell-Cooke in 2013 and was appointed senior associate in 2016.
- Assisted on a property swap between our client Clipstone Land and SEGRO where SEGRO acquired from Clipstone a 190,000 sq ft distribution warehouse on the Brackmills Estate in Northampton for £13.6 million and Clipstone purchased two multi-let industrial estates from SEGRO for a combined purchase price of £11.2 million with a balancing payment from SEGRO
- Advised on the acquisition of a multi-let commercial retail property in Hertford for £5.8 million
- Advised on the sale of three multi-let industrial estates with a combined sale price of circa £18 million
- Advised a land-owner in relation to the promotion and disposal of a residential development site for initial consideration of £20 million with future overage payments
- Advised mezzanine development finance providers in relation to secured acquisition and development loans
- Acted for Barclays Bank in relation to the re-financing of a major development site with a GDV of circa £32 million
- Named in The Legal 500 (2017)
- Member of the Commercial Real Estate Legal Association
- Read Modern Languages and European Studies (French and Italian) at the University of Bath, before completing his legal studies at the Inns of Court School of Law
- Qualified with a large regional law firm in Bristol before moving to London with Russell-Cooke