Jane is a consultant solicitor in the corporate and commercial team, advising on business tax issues. She has previously advised on a wide range of corporate transactions, employee incentive schemes, property transactions and general commercial matters.
After training as a barrister, Jane qualified as a chartered tax adviser and worked with a global accountancy firm in London. She subsequently qualified as a solicitor.
She has 15 years of experience in business tax issues and has worked at two City law firms as a corporate tax partner.
- Advising a family on entering into a joint venture with Bank of Scotland to carry out the £265 million take-private of Countryside Properties PLC, a fully listed company
- Advising Northacre plc on several property joint ventures including the restructure of its joint venture with Minerva plc to achieve consortium relief for the parties and the structuring of offshore mezzanine finance to avoid withholding tax issues
- Assisting an accountant advising on the management buy-out of World Challenge Expeditions Limited, the subsequent implementation of a share incentive arrangement and ultimately the £27.5 million sale of the group to Tui plc
Employee incentive schemes
- Advising a UK trading entity developing an electric car on the operation of their incentive arrangements
- Advising a technology based company on their status for Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) and Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) purposes
- Establishing an employee benefit trust for an investment bank and advising on the ability to pay bonuses from various schemes into the trust
- Advising a Swedish listed company, on the tax implications of various secondees to the UK
- Advising an offshore investor on the availability of contribution allowances on a refit to be carried out by an anchor tenant
- Advising on numerous golden brick VAT arrangements to enable VAT recovery on the purchase of property to be developed into dwellings, as well as a variety of SDLT arrangements
- Advising various developers on the purchase of a property in a corporate wrapper for subsequent development