Katie Belchamber is an associate in the real estate team.
Katie advises a broad range of clients from private individuals, investors, corporate entities and developers on all aspects of real estate including the sale and acquisition of London properties, including at auction, and advises landlords and tenants in the retail, office and hospitality and leisure sectors, from the sale and acquisition of retail units, leasing of offices and lease assignments of restaurants.
Katie has worked with developers on projects, sales and purchases of residential development nationwide, and has advised individuals and corporate entities in connection with residential and commercial property disputes including tenants' rights in respect of business tenancies, renewals and dilapidations, service charge challenges, breaches of covenant, variation of easements and trespass issues.
- Managed investor client's portfolio of properties nationwide advising upon lease renewals, grants of new leases and associated Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 matters.
- Acted on behalf of landlord in connection with the auction sale of a freehold commercial property comprising of a parade of offices and shops.
- Advised landlord in relation to the leasing of a parade of commercial units including a post office, restaurant, off-licence and newsagents in North London.
- Acted for investor client acquiring freehold parade of shops with ancillary residential accommodation above and dealt with the lender's finance enquiries.
- Acted for landlord in relation to the grant of a new lease of a single office unit in South London.
- Acted for owner-occupier client acquiring warehouse in South London.
- Acted for client selling freehold warehouse unit in North London.
- Successfully defended dilapidations claim and service charge claim whilst acting for a commercial tenant.
- Advised landlord in connection with the disposition of a commercial mixed-use property.
- Advised buyer in connection with high value purchase of land for residential development purposes.
- Advised client in connection with residential sale of high value Grade I-listed country home and estate in Somerset dealing with issues concerning rights of way, access rights and advised on nearby planning application.
- Advised client in connection with sale of family home for subsequent development purposes.
- Advised client in connection with residential eviction proceedings, issued claim for possession and successfully obtained possession order.
- Acted for landlord/seller in connection with conversion of residential property and the subsequent sale and grant of a new lease.
Katie trained with a law firm in London's West End specialising in property law upon qualifying in January 2017 before joining Russell-Cooke in 2018.
Katie read Law and completed her Legal Practice Course at Nottingham Law School.