Oscar is an associate in the family team.
Known for his calming manner and constructive approach, Oscar is experienced advising clients with a range of wealth, including those with complex and high-net-worth financial assets often with international elements. He has a particular interest in cohabitation disputes between unmarried couples over property and in representing vulnerable clients, sometimes with a mental health disability.
Oscar's experience includes:
- dealing with complex assets such as deferred income structures, international trusts, foreign pensions and family businesses in a divorce
- resolving disputes between unmarried couples about their property and children, usually without the need to attend court
- representing parents through protracted children proceedings, including fact finding hearings
- acting for vulnerable clients with capacity issues or where there has been domestic violence, such as in applications to vary maintenance payments or obtaining or defending injunctions
Oscar trained at Russell-Cooke and qualified in July 2015.
- Member of Resolution, an organisation of family lawyers focused on achieving family and child focused resolutions to disputes in a conciliatory manner
- Read Psychology and Sociology at Keele University before converting to law, and gaining a distinction in subsequent legal studies