Peter’s practice has developed across two key sectors: firstly, office and industrial investment and, secondly, hotels, entertainment and leisure.
He acts for a variety of funds, entrepreneurs and investment companies in relation to the acquisition of assets in and out of central London. His burgeoning hotel practice represents investors, owner-occupiers and financiers involved in branded and independent hotels all over the country. He has significant retail experience including acting for various national and international retailers in taking new lettings and pre-lets, exchange and/or completion of many of which was time-critical. He has also acted on several large-scale, high profile corporate and tax restructuring projects.
Peter trained at Russell-Cooke. He subsequently gained experience in other city firms, including a large multi-disciplinary practice, before re-joining Russell-Cooke in 2016. Peter is named in The Legal 500 (2017).
- Managing the consolidation and rationalisation of an international hotel and leisure group, involving the co-ordination of a multi-jurisdictional management team
- Acting on the acquisition of an iconic central London hotel for around £60 million, including complicated financing arrangements
- Being a member of a team of legal and tax experts who acted on the restructuring of a national pub and restaurant group, involving a portfolio of 350 properties with an aggregate value of approximately £570 million
- Advising an international property developer in a £200 million joint venture with a well-known residential developer
- Advising on the property aspects of a circa £160 million charge of a portfolio of central London shopping centres
- Acting for a major London investor and developer in the £50 million disposal of a central London office complex, moving from agreeing heads of terms to completion in two weeks
- Representing a British architect's practice on the £35 million sale and leaseback of its headquarter premises in central London
- Acting for several Middle-Eastern retailers on their entry into the UK market, including high value lettings at Westfield London, the Bullring and the Trafford Centre