Rachael is a partner in the real estate team.
Rachael advises on a wide range of real estate transactions including acquisitions and disposals, leasehold matters and real estate finance, acting for both private and institutional clients.
Rachael has a particular interest in retail work, advising both landlords and major retailers. She has expertise in dealing with management and leasehold issues, liaising between lenders, managing agents and occupational tenants. She was recommended in The Legal 500 (2012) and accredited in 2013 for being "commercially savvy".
Rachael joined Russell-Cooke in 2007 and was appointed partner in 2015.
- Led a team of Russell-Cooke lawyers from various disciplines including planning, construction, corporate and commercial, employment and tax, on the acquisition of a shopping centre with over 70 subsidiary interests, achieving exchange and completion within a short deadline
- Acted for three national retailers, including Sports Direct International Plc, in taking numerous lettings and pre-lets (including in Westfield Stratford City)
- Acted on the acquisition of a long leasehold interest of a whole building on Piccadilly, agreeing documents within the one week deadline
- Advised in relation to a high-value office move to Canary Wharf for the European arm of a global transportation company
- Acted in relation to property aspects of £100 million business sale
- Acted for the landlord of the Plaza (Oxford Street), Barkers Centre (Kensington) and 99 Kensington High Street (the “Roof Gardens” building in Kensington) in relation to on-going high-value lettings and property management with a particular focus on redevelopment plans
- Assisted on the sale of an investment portfolio of 31 properties for £84 million to a Plc
- Assisted a partner in advising an overseas purchaser in a £41.5 million acquisition of the iconic Liberty store in London's West End. Liberty Plc took a leaseback from the buyer and contracts were exchanged within a one week deadline
- Acted on high-value and large portfolio acquisitions by investor clients, including advising an overseas purchaser of a prime Mayfair asset, Stratton House, for £166 million, exchanging within seven working days of instruction
- Acted for overseas client on time pressured refinance of shopping centre to achieve deadline
- Acted for both borrowers and lenders on refinancing, including leading a team who reported on a portfolio properties containing over 50 subsidiary interests with a value of over £20 million
- Rachael studied Psychology at the University of St Andrews and subsequently completed her legal studies in Bristol and York
- Rachael is a member of Revo and the Commercial Real Estate Legal Association (CRELA)