Sapna is an associate in the corporate and commercial team and joined Russell-Cooke in March 2019.
Having previously worked as an in-house lawyer for two IT services companies, Sapna has gained invaluable experience of working in the technology industry and continues to regularly advise both established businesses and startups in this sector as well as other sectors including real estate, hospitality, fitness and retail.
Sapna's areas of specialism include:
- commercial contracts & terms of business
- data protection issues & compliance (in particular GDPR)
- e-commerce (both B2C and B2B)
- startups (including in relating to navigating the legal framework for start-ups)
- SaaS (subscription) agreements
- software licencing agreements
Sapna also advises on various other matters including in relation to corporate governance and agreements (e.g. shareholders agreements, share vesting, convertible loans etc.) and intellectual property matters (e.g. trade marks).
Start-up/commercial experience includes:
- drafting SaaS terms & marketplace T&Cs for established businesses and start-ups including in the health & fitness and technology sectors
- drafting API terms
- drafting framework services agreements
- advising B2B and B2C clients from a range of sectors and industries including but not limited to IT services/technology, health/beauty/fitness, retail, food products/hospitality and real estate
Data protection experience includes:
- drafting GDPR compliant documentation for clients, e.g. internal/external privacy notices, data processing terms, internal data protection and data security policies etc
- advising on international transfers and processing of personal data
- advising clients on direct marketing regulations (including PECR)
- advising clients in respect of Data Subject Access Requests
- Studied Law (LLB) at the University of Warwick
- Achieved a distinction in the LPC at The University of Law