Sean is an associate solicitor in the family team.
He advises on a wide range of complex family law matters arising from the breakdown of relationships or where there are disputes relating to children.
He deals with matters through the courts but also focuses on achieving cost and time effective resolutions by direct negotiations between solicitors, mediation, collaborative working and where appropriate arbitration.
As well as running his own caseload, Sean assists Fiona Read, head of the family law team in her complex cases.
Sean qualified in 2012 and joined Russell-Cooke in 2015.
- Acted for the wife of a high profile sports personality in financial and children act proceedings
- Represented the head of an international property development fund in divorce proceedings involving substantial assets abroad and cross-jurisdictional issues
- Conducted a number of cases involving applications for the internal and international relocation of children and cases where contact with children is disputed
- Advised in relation to claims for capital provision and property adjustment for unmarried co-habiting couples
- Member of Resolution, an organisation of family lawyers focused on achieving family and child focused resolutions to disputes
- Vice-chair of Young Surrey Resolution
- Listed in the Thomson Reuters 'London Super Lawyers' list 2015
- Shortlisted for ‘Young family Lawyer of the Year’ in the 2016 Jordan's Family Law Awards